Friday, June 6, 2008

Don't try this at home, kids.

I am excited! Today I got terribly bored and decided to try my hammering skills. So I dug up some old copper wire and got to work. It took a while to get the hammering technique down, and even longer for polishing. All in all, I think it worked out pretty good.

Here's a sample of what I've been working on:

When I get all the kinks worked out in the hammering and polishing process then I am going to oxidize them with Liver of Sulfur, and see how that goes. I can't wait to see the result.

I also decided to try my hand at making body jewelry as well, and successfully made a pair of CBRs that are just perfect for a tragus or cartilage piercing. They are 18g copper with a diameter of 10mm. The "ball" is a 4mm glass pearl that sits in there just perfectly. I'm going to see when I get more 4mm beads if the holes in regular beads are small enough where the bead won't thread itself onto the ring. If not, I'll just have to get 16g wire. I'm thinking of doing these in Sterling Silver as well, possibly Argentium because it's a more pure form of Silver, and marketing them on Etsy.

I'm proud of myself for my accomplishments today!

Don't forget the free gift with each purchase in my Etsy shop!

1 comment:

Design Thrift said...

i really like those earrings in the top photo, they are beautiful the way they hang.