Thursday, September 25, 2008

New look =]

I got bored with the look of my blog, so I decided to spice up one of the Blogger templates. I haven't coded anything in so long, I was completely lost. I've been designing my own websites for the past 5 years or so, but for about a year I guess I haven't coded much of anything. It was so hard remembering what type of tag did what, oh I was so confused. I guess it's time to get myself back into the swing of coding, and since my college doesn't require web design for me to graduate (even though it's a Graphic Design degree, go figure) I guess I'll have to learn myself.

I am going to be purchasing a domain for myself in the near future, so I guess I will get my coding practice that way by designing myself a website layout. I can't wait! And I will be buying my own hosing this time too, so I don't have to deal with anyone else's crap when I set everything up. I can't count the number of times my hosts haven't paid their bills and my entire website was deleted. It's happened to me pretty regularly in the past. But I won't have to deal with any of that any more.

I've been experimenting with stacking rings lately, they're quickly becoming my favourite accessory ever. I made a few sets out of brass and copper last night, and taking inspiration from PaintedMetal I've been experimenting with patinas on the different metals. I used Copper Sulphate on my brass rings, and they turned this lovely olive-green colour, but when I woke up this morning they had turned this salmon colour mixed with the green. They looked almost the colors of Unakite, which is pretty neat. I'll have to experiment with them a bit more. I don't know if I would ever offer them on my Etsy store, but you never know.

I guess I'll have to just keep experimenting with new things and see!

I've also been working on some things for my new store PaysonToo, which I mentioned in a previous post. I've made a few matchbook notebooks out of recycled materials, and I am working on more recycled jewelry to offer before starting to list in that shop.

And now to try and get these things all done... I always feel like there's never enough hours in the day... Later all!

1 comment:

Vinyl Rocks My World said...

Super cute blog! The cloud background is just the best! :O)